Friday, August 15, 2008


...and the process continues - I'm liking what I'm seeing - don't know how everyone else will - but it's pretty. It's still hard to limit the size of the beads - with the requirement that the holes be shaped so perfectly to be able to seat a nice core. It almost dictates the size of the bead.

N says that in her opinion, the size of the bead is more important than the fact that it's lined. That's an interesting point of view, as I'd be happy to make small intricate UN-lined beads - after all - small is my forte!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for NO liners. The metal takes away from the beauty of your beads...besides, why waste the time that just adds to the cost of the bead? Just MHO. sandi

JillSymons said...

thanks Sandi (and thank you for the compliment!)- this spurs me to post another picture of some smaller ones I made the other day.

formfireglassworks said...

I think they're great lined or unlined. Personally I prefer them lined because they seem more finished. They look lovely either way. Not sure where you have problems lining the other ones - I have only really had difficulties when there are raised dots in the way of the liner. You should go with whatever you enjoy more!

nan16 said...

I was really going with what the jewelry store people said "the unlined ones are more the size of the silver charms that are made by Pandora". Even the Murano ones they sell are larger and don't look 'right' with the other charms. Besides, I love your small beads and the one I have is front and center on my bracelet in the place of honor.