Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meet Steel Blue - it's a Glassdaddy color that has been waiting patiently to be discovered. All I can say is that it was the first set to jump off the pages last night. It plays wonderfully with copper green and violet - I'll be playing with it more - but seriously need to put a little distance between myself and this shape bead. SERIOUSLY.
The challenge for me this coming week will be to keep in the forefront of my mind/intention to steer myself to beads as I used to make them. Hand Shaped. No presses. PERIOD
We've grown accustomed to using them almost without a thought - and it'll be fun to see what comes of this. I see a few sets of hollows - maybe even shaped hollows, a revisit to hearts

on a side note: I will be doing a demonstration this month at BlueMoonGlassworks' September Fireflies meeting on how to make my hand-shaped hearts. Time to get some practice in, eh?!!

1 comment:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I love your glass beads! They are just beautiful. I'm going to your etsy shop!