Tuesday, August 11, 2009


This picture was included in a book by Jeri Warhaftig last year - I chose it tonight because, it'd been such a LONG time since I'd seriously made hollows. I sat down and started to refresh my technique... better stated. I dusted it off. Layers of dust. I had a few failures - as in I didn't get all the holes sealed up and the hollow deflated. BUT - then hit the zone.
How long do you think it should take to make one? I don't know if I've ever talked about the self-imposed time limit I have.

OK, here we go.
I don't believe that a bead should take me longer than 20 minutes to make. I'm not all rah-rah on beads that I hear take people a couple of hours... how can they do that??? My attention span is roughly twenty minutes. YOU have a good 'read' on whether the bead is turning out as planned after about 10 minutes... I figure you're half-way there.

IF after 20 minutes - you've made a huge mistake or absolutely hate it - you can bail, and not feel too bad, as not that much time was invested. I don't like to prolong failure. *or for that matter - repeat it* I learn pretty quick what I did wrong and make note.

Oh... the time on the hollow was 2min. 55 sec. but I got it down to 2 min 15 sec. that's pretty darn amazing.

No comments: